The New Wave Classics message board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a huge spam attack (ie: 1725 "explicit" messages posted by a single user!), the forum have been partially reinitialized. Sorry for this...

Support this station and listen ad-free with Live365 Preferred Membership!

#1 2005-12-05 05:41:16

Durandy

Hungry For A Duran Duran Poster Exhibit? Durandy Needs Your Help!

TO THE MIGHTY FANS OF DURAN DURAN OR THE 80'S ACROSS THE WORLD....

I am a Duran Duran poster archivist.
I am appealing to you for help as I take the first steps toward making a very special event come to life. It is a dream I hope to someday share with Fab Five devotees and fans of the 80's across the globe.  I would truly appreciate any support you can offer.

My first public Duran Duran poster exhibition took place in Seattle, WA in February 2001. The show featured 160 posters from my archives. (Pictures from the exhibit can be found on my site, under 'Exhibition')
For three days, Duran Duran's legacy was celebrated in a way that has never been done before.

Nearly five years have passed since my first exhibition.  It's time to do it again.

BIGGER.   BOLDER.   BETTER THAN EVER.

I have my sights set on the Experience Music Project here in Seattle. The criteria for a proposed exhibit requires proof of a 'public interest'.

I am setting out to see how many people would be interested in a Duran Duran poster exhibit.
Most importantly, I want the curatorial board at the EMP to see how much interest there is!

To accomplish this, I have set up a petition form on my website.  The process is easy:

1. GO TO:  WWW.DURANDY.COM

2. CLICK ON 'EXHIBITION'

3. Fill in your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME, along with any comments you  care to share. It would be great if you could put the country you live in. (Email address is optional)

4. CLICK 'SUBMIT'

When enough names have been compiled, I will include the list with a formal proposal to the Experience Music Project.

*Please note: The information you give will ONLY be used for the sole purpose of providing proof of public interest for a DD poster exhibition.

If you would like to see such a show take shape, I invite you to add your name to the list.  If I can bring my exhibition to an established venue like the EMP, it may be easier to take my next show even further....perhaps to YOUR corner of the world!

If you know of anyone who might be interested, please feel free to pass my petition along. Every name is a Big Thing and brings me closer to making this event happen!!

The band is back together....

A new album is on the horizon....

IT'S TIME TO BRING DURAN-DEMONIUM TO A WHOLE NEW FRONTIER!

I thank you very much for your time and attention, and any support you can offer.
I wish you all my best for a warm, wonderful holiday season.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach me at:  contact@durandy.com

Sincerely,
Durandy

Durandy Productions
www.durandy.com

#2 2006-01-28 03:03:30

Durandy

Re: Hungry For A Duran Duran Poster Exhibit? Durandy Needs Your Help!

Hello, and Happy Fab Five Friday!

I hope you are all doing well and having a very pleasant New Year so far!  I thought I would share a little update on how my Duran exhibition campaign is progressing.  With nearly 300 names on my petition since it began in November, I cannot express enough thanks for such awesome support. It's precisely what keeps my fires burning and I appreciate everyone who has signed my petition or helped to spread the word. It all starts with the voice of the fans.

I have taken off the month of January to focus on my promotional efforts and I can't recall the last time I've worked so hard on Fab Five Fever-fueled escapades! Here is what has been unfolding on the front lines of my campaign...

I have assembled a special promotional package, including a DVD with footage from my 2001 exhibition and a unique slideshow of rare poster images, along with additional promo materials. Designed to deliver an impact, the packages are going out to various press destinations around the world. I have also sent promo packages to several celebs who are very much in touch with their 'inner Duranimal'!

Seattle Magazine interviewed me for a feature that should run in the April issue. With a broad Northwest distribution, this mag is a terrific next step from my previous publicity in smaller, local papers.

With a renewed public interest in the art of music posters, I am considering writing a book proposal, suggesting a book of my poster collection.  I would love to share these treasures and offer an unprecedented look at Duran Duran's visual evolution. Such a project would be a testament to DD's legacy as music and video pioneers.

Those are the highlights so far, with some more great developments on the horizon!  Thank you again for all your wonderful support.  I look forward to bringing Duran-demonium to dizzying new heights and I couldn't do it without your wind in my sails.

All my best to you for a happy, healthy New Year.

Sincerely,
Durandy

www.durandy.com

Board footer